Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tool #4 - Google Tools: Real sharing, real collaboration.

I upload a Power Point about the Open House presentation for next year to Google docs, and share it with one teacher of my team to editing and make it better. The only thing I found impossible to get, was my other team members email address used in google. As soon as I get them, I'll share it with all of them.

I suggest we use this docs to edit, revise and approve road maps and schedules. Also we can use Google Forms to create and balance tutoring lists, planning field trips, and centralize data analysis based on checkpoints, benchmarks and CBQs.

I just imagine how fast students can revise and get feedback of their writing pieces. That will make real the concept of writing to publish.

Finally, it's great to get updates of my 6 teachers blogs subscriptions using Google reader. This tool save me time reading the interesting and useful partners blogs.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right about making real the concept of writing to publish! Students will be eager to write and revise -- I think they'll also be eager to provide feedback to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfredo, I've enjoyed reading all your postings. Glad there weren't more at this time because I should be working. Pauline is getting mad. She says I'm laughing too much and not paying attention. We'll have some really good topics to discuss when everyone comes back in August.

    ReplyDelete