Friday, June 11, 2010

Tool #3 - Visual Learning


Exploring these tools was awesome! By example, Spell with Flickr (above) it's very funny and eye catching. I'll certainly use it for titles of projects.

I have been used Wordle to introduce articles or books when I have the electronic copy of the text. I explained to students that the bigger the word the more times is mentioned on the text. Then I asked them "Why is so important in the story a person named Smith?", "Why the word messages is used the same number of times as wireless and iceberg?". This exercise activates the previous knowledge of my students and leads a better comprehension of the story.


Finally, I want to share what our librarian Eleanor McClendon taught to our students Big Huge Labs - Trading Card. With this application the students created trading cards by finding pictures and information from the Internet. This is one example from one of my students:

Hope you are enjoying your vacations. I use the following video to teach students to use strategies to face challenges. Also because the World Cup started today!

No comments:

Post a Comment